Permanent Full-time (35 hours per week)
This position is an amalgamation of the following two Community Counsellor roles.
The Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Community Counsellor provides support and information to clients of the Nobody’s Perfect Parenting (NPP) program and facilitates group activities that are appropriate in order to achieve client and program goals.
The Support for Parents of Young Children Community Counsellor provides one-to-one and group parenting support and information to parents of children under the age of six.
- Required to co-ordinate and co-facilitate seven NPP groups per year in the Surrey area.
- Coordinate networking/program promotion, recruit and register clients, organize and schedule groups, research educational topics, arrange for guest speakers.
- Responsible for program evaluations, record keeping and facility, snack and material preparation.
- Responsible for conducting assessment interviews to determine client service needs, assist client in planning and implementing a skill development program based on client’s needs. Perform regular in home visits and telephone support.
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategies related to achieving client goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or combination of relevant training and experience.
- Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program Facilitator Training Certificate
- Minimum of two years experience in supporting families with children ages 0-6 years.
- Knowledge of early childhood development, parent education, ability to model healthy adult-child relationships and positive discipline. Non-judgmental, respectful, positive, supportive and empowering attitude.
- Group facilitation experience with a multi-cultural focus an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cultural and familial diversity, and understanding of multiple barriers to accessing services – ability to respect and work with a diverse client population
- Strong supportive listening, oral and written communication skills
- Must hold a valid Drivers License and have use of a reliable vehicle
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Knowledge of appropriate personal and professional boundaries, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Second language will be viewed as an asset
- Crisis Line experience an asset.