The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and British Columbia and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services—food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
Reporting to the IT Manager and working closely with other stakeholders, the Systems Developer will undertake projects and ongoing tasks that will maintain and enhance The Mustard Seed’s IT applications. The systems developed will help to engage internal and external audiences in a way that enhances the overall impact of The Mustard Seed’s work.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide expert information regarding application migration and integration on cloud-based platforms (i.e. Salesforce, Office 365, SharePoint 365).
- Develop custom web forms and integrate them using API functions with various applications, including Salesforce and payment processors.
- Lead and facilitate working sessions with stakeholders to address issues and plan IT projects.
- Document, and optimize TMS processes to improve sustainability, efficiency, and reliability.
- Create documentation and training materials for IT applications.
- Be the primary business analyst, designer, and developer for a rebuild of TMS’s SharePoint site.
- Develop and maintain TMS’s SharePoint site. Act as the primary administrator for the platform.
Salesforce Platform Development
- Support TMS’s Salesforce environment by developing custom applications on the platform.
- Integrate and configure third-party applications into TMS’s Salesforce instance.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders to develop a long-term plan for the usage and application of the Salesforce platform to meet the evolving needs of The Mustard Seed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Diploma/Degree in related field is required
- Experience using Force.com, APEX or VisualForce would be an asset
- Experience working with relational database systems
- General comfort with a broad range of IT systems and concepts
- Strong ability to elicit, understand, and document user requirements
- Experience developing solutions on the SharePoint platform and managing SharePoint sites
- Knowledge and experience migrating applications from on premise to cloud-based in a Microsoft operating environment.
- Experienced with creating and modifying custom payment-enabled forms solutions
- Ability to create both non-technical and technical documentation, and lead user training sessions.
- Comfortable applying basic business analysis and project management techniques to: plan, gather and document requirements, design solutions, communicate with stakeholders, document, etc.
- Salesforce Admin or Developer certification, or an interest in earning certification
- Work is generally performed indoors within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel outside the office may be required
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking or reaching for up to 10% of the time. Employee is required to look at a computer screen and use a keyboard for up to 90% of the time. The employee is required to see, speak and hear.
- Moderate overtime may be required.
- Due to the nature of the job, and our commitment to a safe environment, the candidate is required to submit a current Driver’s Abstract.
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and wellness days. We embrace the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.