Early Years Educator (ECEIT, ECE, or ECEA)
The YMCA of Northern BC is seeking qualified, passionate applicants to join our Fort St James & Vanderhoof early years team!
Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun, positive working environment. At the YMCA, people are our greatest asset. We provide professional development opportunities, free trainings, and opportunities for growth and promotion.
The YMCA is the largest provider of child care in Canada and the YMCA of Northern BC is the largest not for profit provider here in the North.
Currently, the YMCA of Northern BC operates at 11 locations -child care, preschool and out of school care locations in Prince George as well as Vanderhoof and Fort St. James. We serve over 500 families with over 80 staff. With our new location opening in Fort St. John, we will continue to grow and provide best-in-class care for more families in the Peace Region.
If you believe in the potential of children, from infant to five years old, and want to help us build healthy communities, this is the job for you! We are a team of educators who believe in play based educational programming. We are nurturing, committed to our Playing to Learn™ curriculum, possess excellent communication skills, positive attitude, and a team work approach.
Major Responsibilities and Abilities:
• Establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality child care, excellent service to families and building meaningful relationships
• Ensure all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and YMCA requirements
• Enthusiastic and positive nature
• Current BC license to practice ECE
• Current Child Care First Aid certification
• Three professional references
• Current Immunization record
• Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork
Please apply with cover letter, resume and application (found on our website nbc.ymca.ca) to:
Samantha Pratt – Manager, Community Services Nechako Region
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!