Permanent Part Time (24 hours per week)
This position is open to Female applicants only.
This position requires union membership. Compensation is in accordance with
Appendix A of the BCGEU Collective Agreement.
Options Community Services Society requires a permanent part-time Child & Youth Transition House Worker to work 4 days per week at Evergreen Transition House. In order to best meet the needs of the transition house residents, this position is open to female applicants only.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- A Diploma in a related field and/or relevant training and demonstrated experience working with mothers and children and youth who have been exposed to violence and abuse
- Must possess an excellent understanding of the dynamics of violence against women in relationships and the intergenerational impact of abuse
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures and legislation
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal record search
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License, satisfactory Driver’s Abstract, and permanent use of a reliable vehicle are required for this position
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate required
- Food Safe Certificate an asset
- Crisis Line training an asset
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Multilingualism an asset
- Provide parenting support for mothers surrounding the effects on children and youth who have been exposed to relationship abuse and violence
- Coordinate and implement children’s recreational activities
- Organize and provide child services that are culturally appropriate
- Familiarity with appropriate community resources and excellent advocacy skills
- Maintain children’s toys, equipment and facilities, both inside and outside, especially with regard to safety, cleanliness, tidiness, repair, and comfort
- Provide educational opportunities to schools, groups, etc., as requested by the program manager or coordinator
- Proven ability to work effectively in a stressful environment
- Crisis Line experience is an asset