Blue Bronna Wilderness Camp exists to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a wilderness setting.
We are located southwest of Longview, AB in the Rocky Mountains. We operate summer programs for youth, adults and rental groups. We have two facilities: Willow Creek which is in the foothills and Coat Creek which is in the mountains. Programs include: youth camps, horsemanship camps, horse pack trips for youth and adults, family camps, fly fishing and quad camp, plus rental groups from The Mustard Seed, Youth For Christ and other such groups that work with the homeless, troubled youth or folks out of prison. We are a small camp with 25 campers per session and 12 staff. Staff rotate between the two sites and have a hand in all that we do. Even though they may come as a Counselor or Wrangler, they will at times be called upon to help in other areas of the camp.
Activities include: horseback riding, pack trips, rock climbing, canoeing, mountain hiking, archery, games, God Talks, fun!!.
Summer Camp Staff:
May 1 - Wrangler, Cook, Maintenance, Program Director, Youth Training Team Leader
May 17 or later : Wrangler, Cook, Program Staff, Counselors.
1) Love God and have a desire to serve him and grow in your faith.
2) Be responsible for your main job but also be involved in other areas of the camp when needed.
3) Alternate between the two camps when needed.
4) Not scared of hard work, long days, the dark, the cold, sleeping in tents or outside under the stars, food cooked over a fire, coyotes howling, or bugs.
5) Must like beautiful sunrises and sunsets, crisp mornings, starry nights, vast expanses, horses, and kids.
International staff are welcome to apply as the process is relatively easy.
We are committed to helping you leave camp at the end of summer, with enough money to help you in a significant way with your schooling.
1) All paid positions at both camps receive a guaranteed $800 per month, room and board.
2) Staff have the opportunity to raise an additional $1,800 per month through friends, family and church. We provide you with a letter that you hand out and they mail the funds to the ranch. You receive what comes in for you up to the $1,800 per month .
3) We as a camp raise money to increase the funds paid to staff. How much we increase the staff pay is dependent on how much we can raise.
Two month and four month salary has the same pay rate and opportunities.
You receive an Honorarium so no taxes nor UIC or CPP is taken off.
The last number of summers, some Canadian staff who were in school the previous year and returned to full time studies in the fall – received a government grant that paid $1,600 per month. The grant is not guaranteed every year. This year the grant is available to all Canadian citizens who are between the ages of 18-30 regardless of whether they are going back to school or not.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!