Team Lead – Afterschool Programs (Burnaby)
The Burnaby Neighbourhood House is a volunteer-driven, community-based social service agency that provides programs and services in response to identified community needs. The Team Lead is responsible for overseeing a targeted afterschool drop-in program. This is a free-of-cost program aimed at providing extra social/emotional support for participants with barriers. The Team Lead reports directly to the After School Program Coordinator.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
· To promote Neighbourhood House philosophy by ensuring participants have the opportunities to connect across program areas.
· To ensure all policies and procedures, as set by the board, are followed
· To oversee and ensure a quality program for participants, ensuring social, physical, creative, and emotional needs are being met
· To provide ongoing supervision and support for staff and volunteers
· To assist the coordinator in management of the budget
· To provide initial orientation for new children
· To provide monthly statistics as required for agency
· Participate in community dinners and other BNH events as required
· Liaise with school and community staff
· To build positive relationships with participants and provide on-going social/emotional support
· To maintain positive relationships with other groups/programs in the schools
· To build relationships with parents and address concerns or to resolve issues
· Other tasks as required (staff training, evaluations, etc.) in cooperation with Director
· Knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
· Course work in Recreation Leadership or Child and Youth Care, or completion of a combination of courses, in child development, guidance, health and safety, nutrition and leadership.
· High Five Certification
· 2-3 years’ experience providing care and mature guidance to school-aged children with challenges/multiple barriers
· Experience supervising and supporting staff and volunteers
· Current 1st Aid and CPR certification
· Current criminal record check
· Food Safety Level 1 (free online course)
· Anaphylaxis in a Childcare Setting (free online course)
· Documented compliance with BC's immunization and tuberculosis control programs
· Class 4 Driver's License an asset
· Food Safe Level 1 an asset
· 2nd language an asset
Hours of Work:
$18.10/hr. 12-17 hours per week. This is a term position that will run from January 2 –
June 19, 2020. Potential for staff to be hired into our summer programs.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!