Quality Enhancement Specialist (part time) - Maple Ridge, BC
Job Number: J1219-0142
Job Type: Permanent, Part-Time
City: Maple Ridge, British Columbia
Hours of Work Per Week: 24
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: Up to 48 hours biweekly (some travel required)
**Hours may increase in months prior to CARF accreditation survey
Hiring Manager: Jennifer Brown - Director of Quality
Compensation: $30.14 - $34.40/Hour
WJS Canada has been nurturing change and healing in children, youth, adults and families in communities across Canada for more than 30 years. Our programs, in Alberta, BC and Ontario, provide high quality, personalized and culturally responsive care in even the most complex cases.
WJS Canada defines quality as "reliable performance excellence that is realized through continuous improvement and measured by the difference made in people's lives." Our 800 dedicated and caring team members help those we serve overcome challenges, develop strengths and celebrate their successes.
As the Quality Enhancement Specialist (QES) for WJS Canada in BC, you will be the primary liaison with Program Directors on quality assurance/improvement issues in an effort to ensure the highest quality of service to persons served, stakeholder satisfaction and organizational sustainability. You will also monitor policies/procedures relating to CARF standards and serve as a role model and resource to operational, administrative and management teams with regards to accreditation, regulatory and performance standards.
The quality enhancement specialist:
• Collaborate with Director of Quality to develop plans, time lines and means to address necessary revisions in practices, so they align with accreditation and regulatory standards.
• Participate in provincial Quality Improvement committee(s) that advises, monitors operations, reviews proposed policy changes and provides recommendations around changes in policy and/or procedure(s).
• Participate in development and approval of new and revised processes and forms.
• Provide consultation regarding the review and update of program manuals and handbooks.
• File accreditation intent information package and other reports.
• Consult with the Provincial Management Group (PMG) and individual Directors in the conformance to accreditation standards, along with methods of documentation and reporting.
• Analyze service data (including client, health and safety and risk reporting) to ascertain trends and report to Director of Quality
• Participate in organization risk management activities
• Provide leadership and is a role model to staff and the community in the areas of quality assurance and quality improvement.
• Some travel required.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
WJS Canada offers a wide range of personalized and holistic social services. We invite individuals and their families or caregivers to help us create of a customized plan just for them, based in best practice and on the person’s or family’s specific needs. By building programs around an individual or family unit instead of trying to deliver services in a rigid, inflexible framework, WJS Canada is able to produce life changing results, even in the most complex of cases.
WJS Canada provides a respectful, supportive environment where your good ideas are welcome and there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow your career.
If you’re passionate about changing people’s lives for the better, WJS Canada is the place for you. As part of the WJS family, you’ll be working with the best in the business; people just like you: talented, hard-working, innovative, caring and kind.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!