Location / Lieu: Greater Vancouver Area – MODC Vancouver Office
Position / Poste: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist, Employer & Client Coordination - Full Time (1 VACANCY)
Duties / Fonctions:
- Plan, coordinate, direct and control activities and resources associated with service delivery;
- Provide effective employment planning with clients who present with complex disability and employment issues;
- Assess client motivation to work and disability related employment barriers and provide supportive measures to ensure individual success;
- Develop and prepare cover letters and resumes; deliver job search skills training program
- Monitor and document client progress and intervene where appropriate to ensure viable and appropriate client/employer matches;
- Provide individualized job placement services to clients; negotiate employment opportunities with employers and negotiate wage subsidy as / when needed;
- Provide follow up supports to employers, regular check-in’s and provide the necessary support, including accommodation support to ensure desired outcomes for both employer and client; and
- Participate in the marketing and promotional activities associated with employer recruitment.
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- Post-Secondary Degree in a related discipline and must have a minimum of two years direct experience in resume and cover letter preparation; job search skills and individualized job placement services;
- Holds an associated relevant professional certification (i.e. Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP), Certified Vocational Professional (CVP) or Master’s Certificate, Vocational Professional (MCVP) through the College of Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals (CVRP) or Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC/CCRC); OR able to achieve one of these designations within one year.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in job development, employer outreach and marketing; and customer relationship management; reputable experience in recruitment and screening.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting and interpreting client needs assessments; coaching and mentoring clients; Experience in providing client services to people with disabilities;
- Knowledge of government and local employment systems for employment supports for persons with disabilities; Knowledge of private sector and labor market trends;
- Sensitivity to issues/barriers that people with disabilities experience;
- Well-developed time management, problem solving, organizational and teamwork skills;
- Effective negotiation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, sales and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work well under pressure;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe software;
- Ability to document, maintain records and assist in reports;
- Ability to communicate in both official languages considered an asset; and
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Applications accepted until / Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): Until position filled
Salary Range / Échelle des salaires: $51,369 annually (35hrs/week)
Send application and resume to / Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Sarah Beauregard
Position: Program Assistant – Employment Services
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code): 200-4475 Viewmont Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 6L8
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.