Youth Workers required for 1:1 Support in Community; assisting youth with special needs (between the ages of 5 - 18) in skills development and goal completion. A valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle is a requirement. There will also be opportunities to work in the weekly Youth Groups (Relief, or Ongoing).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide a safe and supportive environment for a child or youth with disabilities to develop skills and be involved in the community;
• Supporting the child or youth to identify goals and desired outcomes;
• Work collaboratively with the family and others who support the individual;
• Maintain appropriate and timely documentation.
Qualifications and Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum 2 years Post-secondary training in field related to child and youth care or community support work;
• Experience supporting children/youth with disabilities;
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
• Clean driving abstract record; use of personal vehicle is required.
• Current First Aid (or willing to attain)
Salary: $20.78 - $24.20 per hour plus 10.2% in lieu of benefits.
This is an HSA Bargaining Unit Position and requires Union membership.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!