SUMMER CAMP SECRETARY
Based at: Camp Hope, in Calgary, AB
Reports to: HM Calgary Program Manager and Full Time Secretary
Position Duration: Four Months, May to August
Time availability: Spring: Various (may require weekends)
Summer: Sunday afternoon to Friday afternoon
Accommodations: Staff housing or as defined in contract.
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors
would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.
This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff is diligent
in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
The Summer Secretary functions to assist the Camp Hope Program Manager with tasks in the office. The Summer Secretary works with the full-time secretary to take over camper registration, bus lists, and parent communication. Their focus is on financial documents (petty cash, revenue, Visa), ensuring staff documents are sent to the FT secretary, bus boxes, and bringing joy. The summer secretary also ensures all visitors to camp have signed in upon arrival.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Support full-time secretary in office tasks sucks as answering phones, returning phone calls, checking e-mails
· Make weekly financial reports/documents as trained and outlined in binder
· Keep staff document tracking up to date
· Develop working relationships with the staff and bring joy to all who walk in our office
· Re-organize and prepare the bus boxes and clipboards for summer
· Participate in the spring clean and organization of camp facilities when needed
· Host groups as necessary
· Calling campers on the waitlist when a spot becomes available
· Collect waivers and make sure that every camper is accounted for
· Prepare Cabin envelopes with camper files, thank you cards, etc.
· Keep an eye out the front window and with everyone coming in and out of the building. Help ensure wanderers return to their group or report them to the proper leader
· Report any unusual situations (ie. maintenance, injuries, etc.).
· Discuss with leadership anything that is of suspicion that involves the health and safety of the children or staff.
· Attend staff trainings, meetings, Bible studies, prayer meetings, and staff functions.
· Keep areas free of all potential hazards.
· Participation in janitorial and basic maintenance duties as trained and assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
● Love for underprivileged kids
● Completion of high school is required
● Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
● Effective teamwork and self-management skills
● Ability to communicate effectively with kids, youth, staff and parents.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality between parents, organization, and staff
● Organizational abilities
● Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, run, and play active sports and games with children and youth
● Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith
● Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
● Able to provide Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, and Child Intervention Check
● A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
● Adherence to Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures
1. Resume, and
2. Cover letter stating why you would like to work in a Christian Ministry
TO: People and Culture, Hope Mission
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!