SUMMER CAMP NURSE / FIRST AID ATTENDANT
Based at: Camp Hope, in Calgary, AB
Reports to: HM Calgary Program Manager
Position Duration: Three Months, June to August
Time availability: June: Various (may require weekends)
Summer: Sunday afternoon to Friday Afternoon
Accommodations: Female staff housing / Male Staff Cabin or as defined in contract.
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors
would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.
This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff is diligent
in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
The Camp Nurse / First Aider functions to evaluate and treat campers and staff for minor injuries and illnesses, oversee the administration of medications, communicate with parents, and keep accurate records of all related interactions. In cases of emergency the camp nurse / first aider will accompany a camper to the hospital and communicate with parents.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Evaluate and treat campers and staff for minor injuries and illnesses
· Communicate with parents about health concerns and injuries
· Monitor cleanliness, hygiene, and health of campers and staff
Communicate (though word and action) a gospel message to people who come to Camp Hope
· Oversee the administration of medications to campers and staff
· Maintain accurate records of camper medications, all treatment given, and medications administered
· Communicate any camper health issues and/or concerns with parents and camp leadership
· Report any unusual situations (ie. maintenance, injuries, etc.).
· Discuss with leadership anything that is of suspicion that involves the health and safety of the children or staff.
· Attend staff trainings, meetings, Bible studies, prayer meetings, and staff functions.
· Keep areas free of all potential hazards.
· Participation in janitorial and basic maintenance duties as trained and assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
● Love for underprivileged kids
● Completion of second year of nursing training or equivalent is preferred
● Current First Aid and CPR certification is required
● Able to remain calm under pressure
● Effective teamwork and self-management skills
● Ability to communicate effectively with kids, youth, staff and parents.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality between parents, organization, and staff
● Organizational abilities
● Able to use Microsoft Word/Excel to complete forms and reports
● Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, run, and play active sports and games with children and youth
● Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith (http://hopemission.com/about-us/values/)
● Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
● Able to provide Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, and Child Intervention Check
● A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
● Adherence to Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures
1. Resume, and
2. Cover letter stating why you would like to work in a Christian Ministry
TO: People and Culture, Hope Mission
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!