SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Facilitator/Job Coach with the Employment team provides employment and life skills related training and support to clients (primarily youth and young adults in the Skills Link program) in both one to one and workshop settings. The Facilitator/Job Coach supports participants to learn duties and associated behaviours related to sustainable employment and liaises with employers with the goal of sustainable work placements.
- Markets the program to potential participants and
- Conducts pre-tests and post-tests of clients’ skill and ability levels prior to entering the
- Interviews clients and conducts vocational testing to ascertain interests, skills, job readiness and goal setting to explore educational/vocational
- Understands the program service policies and contractual obligations, and meets service goals and key performance measures
- Develops and facilitates workshops that assist participants in ensuring that curriculum and materials are updated, relevant and meet the needs of current client
- Assists clients with life skills and work search strategies, career planning and skill development through workshops and one to one support.
- Provides current employment related information such as labor market information, employment standards and on-line job
- Makes appropriate referrals for training and community programs and services (for example, substance abuse programs, sexual abuse groups, Food bank, housing registry etc).
- Arranges for guest speakers that reflect diversity and scope of the local labour
- Assists clients in designing self-marketing tools including resumes, and developing interviewing
- Provides counselling and coaching on a scheduled and as needed basis with individual
- Finds employment opportunities for clients and develops host/employer relationships to increase future placement opportunities including arranging work subsidy.
- Monitors and documents work placements and provides clients with mentoring and regular
- Provides follow up services to clients who have left the program as appropriate.
- Ensures that accurate and up-to-date program, client and employer records are maintained and
- In consultation with the Manager of Employment Services, monitors expenditures within
- Provides regular updates to the Manager, Employment Services for contract
- Ensures the completion of follow up activities on
- Maintains accurate recording of client data and program
- May work in other employment sites/programs during high volumes and/or coverage needs as
- Other related duties as required
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- A relevant degree such as Social Work, Child and Youth Care or Education or a two year diploma in a related field (i.e. Career Practitioner or Employment Counselling) and related
- A minimum of one year experience in the employment services or related Direct program delivery experience with youth and adults receiving government assistance is an asset.
- Willing to travel and provide service at various employment service site locations, and do outreach throughout the service areas.
- Experience in career planning and vocational
- Demonstrated working knowledge of employment related support services, applicable legislation, regulations, and current challenges in the employment support service area.
- A working knowledge of group process and facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to teach skills in both one-to-one and group Experience developing and delivering employment and life skills related workshops is preferred.
- Well-developed interpersonal, counselling, conflict resolution, oral and written communication skills.
- Good organization and time management
- An ability to work in a stressful environment often dealing with crisis
- Demonstrated assessment
- Valid first aid
- Reliable vehicle insured for business use (two million liability).
This is a full time (35 hours per week) position from with benefits after 6 months and pension after one year.
Position will remain open until filled.
Thank you in advance to all persons that apply for this position. Please note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.