Do you enjoy working with families and supporting them with their self-identified goals? Are you resourceful, adaptable and want to empower families in becoming their own best advocates? Do you work from a trauma informed approach and have an interest in facilitating play and parent groups to provide goal setting supports, information and community connections for families? e4c is hiring a Family Support Worker who utilizes an assets-building model with families based upon the premise that all families have strength areas that can enhance their livelihood opportunities.
Hours: Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Why Join Our Team
- Opportunity to gain new skills and work experience while creating a lasting impact in improving the lives of families.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
- Be mentored by a Registered Social Worker in a collaborative work environment that is dedicated to your personal and professional growth through supervisory and coaching sessions!
- Full time position includes: health, dental, matching RRSP contributions, sick days, 3 weeks’ vacation, an employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
In Your Role You Will
- Schedule and perform home visitations with families in support of identifying and reaching their goals.
- Deliver developmental screenings on children while providing appropriate referrals and supports to families.
- Coordinate and facilitate play and parent groups based upon developmental needs.
- Work with the multi-disciplinary team to provide wrap around communication supports for children.
- De-brief and consult with program partners, inter-agency members and other community stakeholders to network and establish collaborative partnerships.
- Input and manage case documentation on School Cloud database.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma or Degree in Social Work, Human Ecology, Child and Youth Care, Psychology or equivalencies of work experience and education will be considered.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- Requires use of personal vehicle and travel around Edmonton including: valid class 5 driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, vehicle registration and 3 year drivers abstract.
- Registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers is an asset.
- Suicide Intervention.
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health First Aid.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) training.
- 1+ years’ experience working with culturally diverse families experiencing complex needs due to mental health, financial, economic and other social barriers.
- Knowledge and experience working with special needs education, family violence, poverty, addictions, cultural diversity, child development and child disorders.
- Knowledge and experience of working with community resources, partners and social services.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and experience in a database management system.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team with wrap around supports is an asset.