Child Development Professionals - Casual
ABC Head Start Society - Fort Saskatchewan, AB
ABC Head Start Society has been committed to promoting and supporting strong children, families and communities in Edmonton for over 30 years. We offer a comprehensive prekindergarten and family support program for vulnerable children and families. Operating in 5 locations across Edmonton, our goal is to prepare children for a successful educational experience in partnership with the family and community. We know that by giving children the best possible early learning and development opportunities in life, we ensure the future well-being and prosperity of our families and communities.
ABC Head Start is accepting applications for Child Care Professionals to join our casual pool. Reporting to the Director, the position would require relief coverage of regular staff, varying shifts Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Provide a safe environment that protects children from physical and emotional harm
- Provide an environment for young children that facilitates the forming of positive relationships with staff, peers and caregivers, engendering feelings of belonging and a sense of self-worth
- Support an effective multi-disciplinary team that provides the highest quality Child Care
- Learn about and understand the Flight Curriculum Framework
- Ensure that Accreditation standards are consistently and continuously evident in the room operation and programming
- Familiar with Licensing regulations and Health regulations i.e. proper handwashing, toileting and diapering routines, etc.
- Cover lunch breaks for Professionals in program
- Answering phones when required, assist in filing and other requirements for program and other duties the ELCC Manager may require assistance with
- Support Child Care Professionals and programming by doing dishes, cleaning toys, preparation of program materials, light cleaning, and laundry
- Understand and practice privacy of information and confidentiality in all aspects of working with children, families, ELCC program staff and working with support agencies
- Continuously work to build meaningful and supportive relationships with the children
- Demonstrate best practice in all interactions with the children
- Embrace and adhere to the values as outlined on “The Spirit of ABC Head Start”
- Engage in the process of continuous learning and professional development
- Communicating with other team members pertinent information.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and in agency provided training when requested
- Have a minimum Child Development Assistant
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working within a Multi-Disciplinary team
- Strong knowledge of child development and family dynamics
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and collaborative skills
- Strong professional boundaries
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Current; First aid certificate, (with childcare component), Police information check, (with vulnerable Sector check), and Intervention record check
- Current online Food safety course an asset
Start Date: January 2020
Compensation: Hourly wage of $15.61 per hour plus provincial wage top-up amount. We offer a comprehensive, competitive, extended health benefits package including RRSP contribution and generous vacation benefits.
ABC Head Start Society thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Closing Date: Competition will remain open until suitable candidate selected