The Casual Transportation Associate is an operations and logistics position within the Food Security Ministry, responsible for the collection and transportation of product for distribution through The Mustard Seed Street Church. The individual must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, as they will be interacting with donors and a diverse community of volunteers to ensure the efficient collection, transportation and delivery of product. The Casual Transportation Associate must possess and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure effective operations with our staff and volunteers, specifically the Shipper/Receiver, Warehouse Coordinator, Food Distribution Coordinator and Guest Services Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent conflict resolution skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to take positive initiative and provide recommendations
· Ability to receive constructive feedback
· Ability to work in a group environment and as an individual
· Task Oriented while maintaining an adaptive and flexible nature
· Strong and demonstrable work ethic
· Responsible and accountable
· Compassionate and kind demeanor
Terms of Employment
· This position is with The Mustard Seed Street Church and requires a person who has made a Christian commitment
· Must be willing to sign the staff code of conduct
· This position reports to: The Warehouse Coordinator
· Term: Casual Hourly (minimum 30 hours a week)
· Must read and agree to following The Mustard Seed policies which are a living, changing document
· The Mustard Seed Street Church follows BC Employment Standards
· Must provide an acceptable criminal record check, including the level of clearance required to work with vulnerable people
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!