NEC Native Education College is the largest private Indigenous College in BC, working with First Nations and Indigenous organizations to deliver programs in locations throughout British Columbia. We strive to combine academic excellence with a strong commitment to First Nations community-based education and the best practices of adult education. Our programs have Indigenous content and delivery methods. We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Diversity at NEC means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
The Senior Accountant prepares accurate and timely financial statements, budgets and various ad-hoc financial reporting and also assists management and staff in managing project budgets. This position takes on limited coverage in the absence of the Director of Finance and finance support staff. This position supports the finance department in ensuring fiscal accountability and must work within policies and procedures when conducting business. In providing budgeting support, this position can recommend final process and numbers for outside proposals or internal department or program use.
• Four to six years of progressive accounting experience (preferably in a non-profit environment).
• A professional accounting designation (or in progress).
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with people in a collaborative environment.
• Open, flexible and articulate communication style.
• Knowledge of Adagio, Ceridian and Excel are required. Demonstrated effective and positive management style for people and corporate cultures, including traditional Aboriginal cultural knowledge.
• The ability to travel and provide own transportation.
Appointment to this full-time position with probationary period will require a formal criminal record check, the details of which may preclude an offer of employment being finalized. Preference will be given to qualified Indigenous applicants. The position works out of the NEC Finance Office at 4011 Si-Lu Drive in Vancouver.
Closing Date: Sunday, February 2, 2020
Start Date: At earliest availability, before closing date if able
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!