Catholic Family Service (CFS) is all about building strong families. Our programs and services respond to the challenges that threaten families and leave them vulnerable. We focus on enhancing the mental health and well-being of our clients, empowering parents, nurturing children’s healthy development and enabling success in school. We take an integrated approach across our service portfolio, always looking for the opportunity to encourage discussion and healing at the family level. In so doing, we enable CFS professionals to help their clients build strong families – and to break through the cycle of vulnerability to live the lives they have always wanted. We serve and employ people from all faith traditions, cultures and backgrounds.
Title: Functional Family Therapy Counsellor
Job Type: Full-time
Catholic Family Service is seeking a qualified candidate to provide clinical service to our Functional Family Therapy (FFT) program. The FFT model is a community based, short-term prevention and treatment strategy that is family focused and designed to reduce the risks of school truancy, mental health concerns, criminal involvement, substance abuse and family conflict. Training in the modality is provided as FFT counsellors are expected to exercise a high degree of clinical skill while maintaining adherence to a sophisticated, evidence-based model. Flexibility will be required to travel, conduct sessions in families’ homes and work 2-3 evenings per week.
* Graduate degree in Social Work, Psychology or related discipline;
* Eligible and in good standing with professional governing body;
* Member of ACSW Clinical Registry and/or authorized to perform psycho-social interventions is an asset;
* Minimum of 1-2 years of clinical experience with high-risk populations;
* Strong systemic orientation to counseling;
* Demonstrated ability to engage families and their natural supports;
* Experience with community based supports for families an asset;
* Strong teamwork skills and willingness to learn, alongside a growth mindset;
* Effective verbal and written communication skills;
* Highly organized with strong administrative skills;
* Effective time management skills and ability to manage a demanding schedule;
* The Core Brain Story Certification through The Alberta Family Wellness Initiative is an asset.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!