Location / Lieu: Orillia, ON (Room and board provided)
Position / Poste: PROGRAM DIRECTOR – Seasonal Contract: June – August, 2020
We are seeking one individual that is enthusiastic and responsible for the following position to live on site and assist adults with physical disabilities to each enjoy a 6-day stay, weekly sessions at the Summer Holiday Program in Orillia from June to August. This includes provision of attendant care services and programming.
Duties / Fonctions:
- Responsible for coordinating all program aspects of the summer holiday program.
- Assisting the Summer Holiday Camp Director with supervision of staff and general counsellor duties.
- Assisting holidayers with recreational programming and self-directed activities of daily living, including dressing, bathing and feeding
Staff work six days with a maximum of a four hour break each day during each session. A break is scheduled between each session. Sessions begin in June and run until the end of August.
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- University or college student. Studies in recreation, health or social service related fields an asset
- Must be able to live onsite for 6 consecutive days for all sessions from June to end of Aug 2019.
- Demonstrated maturity, dependability, and responsibility
- Experience in scheduling and/or camp/recreation programming an asset.
- Current First Aid/CPR certificates
- Recreation or camping experience, and/or previous experience working with adults with physical disabilities an asset
- Previous program director experience an asset
Salary Range / Échelle des salaires: TBD (subject to experience, for duration of contract)
Applications accepted until / Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy) 03/30/2020
Send resume to / Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Keith Rashid
Position: National Manager - Travel, Recreation, Community Engagement and Integration Services
Address: 10 Overlea Blvd. Toronto, ON M4H 1A4
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.