SMALL BUSINESS BC – Marketing Coordinator Special Projects
Small Business BC is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. We celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC. We are supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Trade and Technology.
This role is part of the growing special projects arm of Small Business BC that focuses on opportunities outside of the core services. Special projects is mainly comprised of two main programs: The Export Navigator Program, a program that pairs free expert trade advice with BC businesses looking to expand their markets beyond BC, and Bizmap, a market research tool that presents area-specific information to help communities to grow.
The Marketing Coordinator is a varied role responsible for all digital and traditional marketing, from strategy to implementation, with the goal of enhancing brand awareness and engagement with Small Business BC’s special projects. This will involve the implementation and measurement of marketing activities - including elements of website management, graphic design, communications and advertising. This is a full time position and the term is dependent on continued project funding.
If you are a self-motivated, ambitious marketing professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment and prefer a role that offers variety and autonomy this role is for you!
- Assists in the development and implementation of departmental marketing plans and strategy
- In collaboration with the SBBC Marketing and Communications team, develops and executes promotional and advertising initiatives for SBBC’s special programs and projects department
- Develops and implements cooperative and cross marketing programs with similar organizations
- Identifies and analyzes new target markets and client groups for programs and events
- Reports on marketing activities and successes and measures ROI
- Utilizes a Customer Relationship Management System (Salesforce) for data analysis and stakeholder management
- Administers a budget and manages contracts for marketing materials and services - including allocation across its PPC, SEO, social media, PR, content marketing, video, email marketing and websites
- Negotiates service agreements with external organizations
- Manages SBBC’s new special project websites including content updates, maintenance and landing pages
- Implements SEO best practice and link building strategies – including conducting keyword research, improving web copy, and benchmarking web performance.
- Designs marketing materials, ads and updates existing design templates using Adobe Creative Suite
- Contributes to the development and design of regular project reports
- Drafts and disseminates promotional eblasts, web and ad copy and newsletter
- Writes seminar and product & service descriptions
- Liaises with Government Communications and Public Engagement (GCPE) on announcements, design and copy approvals.
- Creates an annual outreach plan and schedule
- Develops & delivers outreach presentations
- Negotiates with various newspapers, radio stations, etc. for special rates on advertising.
- Coordinates the preparation of advertising and collateral pieces (including but not limited to brochures, flyers, rack cards, print and online advertisements)
- Develops and manages the special projects’ Google Adwords account, budget and strategy.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in either Marketing, Design, Communications or Advertising, or an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
- 3 -5 years marketing experience (at coordinator or management level)
- Experience in implementing strategic marketing plans and supporting tactics and measurements
- Experience with website management through WordPress or similar software
- Fluency in specialized systems including Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign and Photoshop), Microsoft Office
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing, online campaign management and social media platforms
- Team-oriented, reliable, driven, excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Creativity, originality and strong visual sense
- Resourcefulness and the use of creative thinking to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to multitask in a deadline driven environment and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a high level of professionalism.
- General knowledge of a wide variety of business subjects & an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience with tradeshow preparation and participation
- Knowledge of and experience with Google AdWords (running Search and Display ads), Facebook advertising, YouTube ads, email marketing and creating landing page for opt-in.
- Our preferred candidate will have experience in:
- Writing marketing, sales and ad copy
- Working with government considered an asset
- Working with Salesforce and/or MailChimp considered an asset
- Videography / video editing and/or photography experience
- Previous experience working with SMEs - Knowledge of how small and medium sized businesses operate preferred
- Knowledge or experience in working with small communities
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- BCGEU Level: Range 18, step 1 $2093.81 bi-weekly (non-negotiable); Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union.
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community