Permanent Full-time (35 hours per week)
This position supports the Employment Services and Immigrant Services Divisions to develop and deliver e-learning services to newcomer clients; develop online tutorials/manual for staff/facilitators on e-learning deliverables; maintain LMS (Learning Management System) as needed to support Immigrant Services e-learning services
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, configure, and upload e-learning content into Moodle/LMS. Upload users and assign roles. Support those who enroll and unenroll users for different courses
- Recommend best practices in instructional design and course development, such as editing tools and applications
- Documentation - keep a record of all the courses in appropriate formats
- Duplicate and restore courses in LMS
- Monitor usage (active users, disk space, etc.)
- Troubleshoot with IT on matters related to IS Online Services as needed
- When needed, attend webinars/conferences to learn how to apply up-to-date instructional methods and technologies
- Work collaboratively with Programs Managers and assigned staff to discuss e- learning services/curriculum based on client needs
- Provide staff training including content development (tools and applications) and course-setting such as task completion and certification
- Develop online tutorials/manual for staff/facilitators on e-learning deliverables
- Contribute to PQI and Strategic Directions/Goals of Immigrant Services and being proactive in identifying areas for improvement, sector trends, potential partnerships, etc.
- Represent OCS and participate in outreach activities/special events as required
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design and/or IT and LMS related experience
- Experience and strong familiarity with e-learning, graphic design, video editing
- Minimum 2 years experience in a related position.
- Class 5 Driver’s License and reliable vehicle an asset.
- Current Level 1 First Aid certificate an asset.
- Experience working with newcomers, vulnerable populations and/or volunteers.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Interpersonal Communications skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Additional language skills relevant to populations served an asset.
- Understanding of Social Service programming and resources, Multiculturalism and Immigrant/Refugee issues.
- Strong communication, interpersonal/relationship-building intercultural competency, as well as crisis intervention, conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem solving skills/techniques.
- Strong level of computer proficiency; in particular, strong Microsoft Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel spreadsheet, database, internet/email, scanning skills.
- Basic Research and Information Sourcing skills.
- Strong desktop publishing skills (MS Publisher, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Prima, HTML 5, Java script/coding).
- Up-to-date knowledge of Social Media and Multicultural Media.
- Comfort with website updates (e.g. Wordpress).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside of regular work hours.
- Good team work and strong work ethics.
- Must be sensitive to and respectful of cultural and lifestyle diversity.