COORDINATOR, INTAKE & SCHEDULING – AFTERNOON SHIFT
Position Type: Full-Time, 35 hours/week Number of Positions: 1
Position Details: Afternoon Shift (2:00pm – 10:00pm)
Location: 20 Walker Road, Caledon East, ON Deadline to Apply: February 18, 2020
Agency Overview: Within our own five community service locations, six Peel Living buildings, and throughout the entirety of the Town of Caledon, Caledon Community Services (CCS) is helping shape the future of a caring and engaged Caledon community. A community builder since 1971, our many programs and services address community needs in a uniquely challenging and increasingly diverse community in the GTA. CCS is home to Caledon’s only accessible transportation program, the Exchange Community Hub that includes food supports and a range of activities, the Caledon Specialist Clinic, and personal support services for seniors. We offer settlement services and language classes for newcomers and comprehensive employment services for job seekers and local businesses. We provide paid training programs for Caledon youth as well as exciting internships and volunteer opportunities. Finally, we open our doors to the community daily within our two fabulous retail shopping destinations that support all of our programs. The breadth of our services makes for compelling opportunities to attract new friends and raise support for our work. Learn more at ccs4u.org.
The Coordinator, Intake & Scheduling, under the direction of the Senior Manager, will primarily be responsible to perform general office work to prepare, review, and edit various forms of staff shift and client service schedules.
This position will create client service schedules that utilize the staffing resources of the agency to its fullest capacity and ensure adequate staff resources to meet client care needs.
As part of the administrative team, other duties may include answering questions pertaining to the agency and health service programs. Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information is required.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the general direction of the Senior Manager, Health Services, the incumbent will:
- Prepare, review, edit, and maintain various forms of documents such as staff and client schedules, memos, notices, presentations, reports, etc.;
- Coordinate and monitor staff absences (sick, flex, vacation, etc.) and ensure adequate coverage to minimize client service impacts;
- Review timesheets on a bi-weekly basis for payroll, ensuring staff absences are reflected in the reporting process and reconciled to the Payroll Interface report sign off;
- Review Mileage & Expenses for PSW staff on a monthly basis for submission to Finance Department;
- Support staff with monitoring and education to achieve and maintain appropriate documentation;
- Monitor staff training and renewal requirements;
- Maintain and monitor office and program supply inventory levels;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions;
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s philosophy relating to our Mission, Vision, and Values and adhere to our policies and procedures;
- Participates in the hiring, orientation and training, supervision and monitoring of staff, students and volunteers’ performance;
- Monitors expenditures to ensure programs operate within established budget;
- Ensures staff compliance with organization wide and program policies and procedures;
- Assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures; as well as systems for program evaluation, quality improvement and risk management;
- Maintains detailed employee records in strict compliance with documentation and confidentiality protocols;
- Participates in an on call rotation providing 24/7/365 support to AL services;
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with contracted service providers;
- Behaves in a manner consistent with the values and ethics of CCS, appropriately representing the Agency in the community;
- Complete other duties and tasks as needed/assigned.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Post secondary education (diploma or degree) related to health service administration, office/business administration, social services or a related equivalent field;
- Post-secondary courses/training in management or related field is preferred;
Nature of Experience Required
- Clean criminal & police record check;
- Clean vulnerable sector check;
- Valid first aid or CPR certification;
- Minimum 3 years of coordination and scheduling experience in Health or a related field;
- Dedication to workplace safety measures and best practices;
- Strong knowledge of applicable employment and health and safety legislation;
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands;
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Ability to adapt and learn new technology that is introduced into the workplace to support daily business operations;
- Familiarity with CRM systems, HPG, CCP, InterRAI and GoldCare is an asset;
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times;
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems;
- Ability to accept and provide constructive criticism;
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures;
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team;
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment;
- At least 3 years of scheduling and supervisory experience;
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early; interviews will be conducted throughout the competition process. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only be contacting those selected to attend an interview. CCS is an equal opportunity employer encouraging applications from qualified individuals from diverse groups including Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity and other grounds identified under the Ontario Human Rights Code. CCS will provide information and/or accommodation pertaining to this job posting and/or the recruitment process in an accessible manner upon request.