Do you want to be a part of the change you want to see in the world? At Scouts Canada our Vision is “Canadian youth making a meaningful contribution to creating a better world.” For more than 100 years, Scouts Canada has brought a world of adventure, outdoor experience, friendship and fun to 17 million Canadian youth and we need passionate people who share our Mission to develop well-rounded youth better prepared for success in the world.
Scouts Canada is seeking an International Travel and Membership Services Coordinator to join our Operations team in either Ottawa or from your remote office. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will support to contingent teams and Scouts Canada staff to ensure travel requirements are met. Support the organization and administration of Scouts Canada’s MyScouts online registration process providing a positive member experience. Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
Do you think you have what it takes to become our next International Travel and Membership Services Coordinator? If you answered yes we want to hear from you!
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
International Travel Support Staff
- Review budget with Head of Contingent (HoC)
- Administer the receipt and disbursement of funds related to contingents
- Assist with (or directly perform) registration of individuals & groups (including verifications of status)
- Assist HoC with completion of necessary paperwork (forms for event organizers + SC forms)
- Facilitate arranging travel insurance
- Review safety practices for contingent and particular travel considerations (ex: vaccinations, visa requirements)
- Assist with booking group travel packages
- Establish national suppliers for contingent gear and assist with systematic purchasing of contingent gear
- Serve as contact point between contingent team and SC staff (ex: Communications, Safe Scouting team)
- Provide back up to Membership Services team as capacity permits and through peak periods including:
- Manage administration of MyScouts and responsible for ensuring that all members are able to register online and compliant with screening requirements
- Manage the administration of the No One Left Behind (NOLB) subsidy process, ensuring youth are registered and any outstanding fees are followed up on in a timely manner
- Manage the administration of Group Discount Codes and 3rd Party Discounts
- Manage the registration refund process to ensure all groups/parents receive the appropriate refund in a timely manner
- Reconcile group registration on a regular basis to achieve minimal accounts receivable balance
- Produce monthly statistical reports for Operations Manager
- Point of contact for group registrars and provide a positive member services experience by providing information and advice; conduct regular training and webinars for group registrars on using MyScouts system
- Provide registration support to new and prospective groups and follow up with groups having outstanding registration issues
- Liaison with local police to ensure our process in completing screening requirements is up to date and following up on outstanding PRC/VSS
- Manage individual member files including all screening documents (PRC/VSS/Code of Conduct)
- Actively participate on all national council registrar conference calls
- Respond to Help Center queries in a timely manner. Manage Zendesk tickets and answer queries in relation to registration questions or concerns; assist in Live Chat registration services as assigned
- Process all group charters; update and maintain group-partner charter lists.
Education, Experience & Skills
Job Specific Competencies:
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with staff, volunteers, members and general public in a confident, courteous and professional manner.
- Conscientious and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications
- Solid organizational skills and ability to handle multiple inquiries/requests based on their respective priorities
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to shift focus at a moment’s notice based on key priorities
Work Experience Required:
- Post-secondary education in travel/tourism related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative role preferably in the travel industry
- Data entry experience and familiar with various databases
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, advanced Excel skills
- Typing/word processing skills at 30wpm or above with accuracy
- May be irregular hours as event gets closer
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain
- Works in office environment
- Must remain discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Must role model values of Scouts Canada including the Child and Youth Safety program.
- PRC (Police Record Check) and VSS (Vulnerable Sector Check) required
- Mandatory training requirement
We’ve got you covered:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fabulous merchandise discount; an employer-matched retirement plan after one year; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage and more.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies