If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your experience, knowledge and passion in a meaningful way, CLBC is the place for you!
Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) is a crown corporation responsible for arranging supports and services to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. CLBC employees strive to live our corporate vision of 'Lives filled with possibilities in welcoming communities'. More than just a job, CLBC is about compassion, commitment, contribution, collaboration and community.
As a Supervisor of Administrative Services at CLBC, you are responsible for developing, organizing and supervising financial and administrative functions related to the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Directly supervising 1-6 administrative support staff within the office (or satellite locations)
- Assigning, monitoring and reviewing workload priorities, accuracy, timeliness and progress on a regular basis
- Resolving work priority conflicts to ensure efficient and effective service delivery
- Tracking and monitoring contract expenditures and liaising with CLBC Accounts and service providers as required
- Providing job training and orientation to administrative support staff
- Providing financial support, budget tracking and processing of all expenses for Community Council
- Maintaining furniture and equipment inventory and arranging for disposal, maintenance, and cleaning of furniture and equipment, as well as identifying where repairs, replacements or upgrades are required
- Advising on and interpreting Collective Agreements and other human resource policies for administrative staff; ensuring benefits, hours of work, overtime and other Collective Agreement provisions are administered according to policy; and assisting the manager in these areas as needed
- Participating in project teams involved in the development, testing and maintenance of new business processes
- Participating in meetings and on various committees
- May provide confidential administrative support to the Manager and Director of Regional Operations
This is a great role for an administrative professional with supervisory experience. The ideal applicant has/is able to:
- Demonstrated applied leadership experience, including motivating and managing employees
- Develop and implement projects and/or programs and administer contracts and budgets
- Clearly and effectively communicate at a level consistent with the group or individuals, with demonstrated patience and tolerance
- Lead the development of group objectives and enhance the output of the group through collaborating with management and staff
- A proven ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, and influence while supervising, directing and training staff;
- Establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with colleagues and service providers
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent education and the completion of a Business College or a Secretarial course or five years related experience, education and/or training in clerical or administrative support
- Experience or training in keyboarding and other standard computer applications (such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and the internet);
- Typing speed: 50WPM minimum
- Supervisory experience.
This is an auxiliary position to cover a maternity leave.
Eligibility: Open to internal and external applicants
Term/Status: Temporary - Anticipated 70 hours for 12 months
Successful applicants are subject to a Criminal Record Check (Criminal Records Review Act).
Apply now! Submit a resume and cover letter online to the attention of Jaimie Willows. Resumes received by email or other methods will not be considered.
Community Living BC is an equal opportunity employer.