Options Community Services is a non-profit organization that provides social services primarily in Surrey, Delta, White Rock and Langley. We believe in helping people help themselves. We believe in collaborating with individuals, businesses, community groups and government to create focused, effective and responsive resources for the community.
At Options Community Services, we envision a healthy community - a safe and clean environment where we all have a sense of belonging. It is a place where each of us has the opportunity to work and learn and to develop and realize goals that are meaningful and fulfilling.
We have an opportunity for a dynamic and experienced Deputy Executive Director, People & Culture to provide strategic operational leadership for a comprehensive array of service areas at Options Community Services (OCS). This role will be responsible for overseeing the following service areas: IT, Performance Quality Improvement, HR, Staff Development and Administration Services
You are a charismatic leader who is excited by the opportunity to build capacity in a thriving non-profit organization. You have a macro vision of the organization without losing the details, ensuring no one on your team is left behind. You are a natural people person and lead by example to motivate your team to go above and beyond, creating a fun and positive atmosphere.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are a strategic systems thinker and problem solver by nature. You are an expert at oral and written communication and a natural relationship builder. You understand that a strong leadership team is a sum of its parts and are committed to leading according to OCS’s culture and values of diversity, integrity, excellence, collaboration and resourcefulness.
You have a strong background in human resources, organizational development, project management and operations. You have the ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects, determining priorities and balancing a changing workload.
You make people feel valued and inspire trust and confidence in your team and those around you.
Operations and Systems
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership of OCS by being actively involved in all assigned services
- Cultivates a positive, safe and inclusive environment for your team
- Implements and leads OCS continuous quality improvement process, focusing on systems/process improvement
- Participates on committees, such as Board Risk Management, Staff Development, Communication Committee, as assigned
- Plans and implements a variety of projects to move OCS towards systems and processes that enhance efficiencies, including the automation of various functions.
- Oversees, in partnership with the ETeam, organization-wide capacity development addressing issues such as succession planning, workforce development, employee retention, organization design and change management
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resource organization wide best practices & HRIS
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align OCS workforce and OCS strategic goals
- Prepares and submits an annual operational budget to the Chief Executive Officer and manages effectively within this budget
- Ensures that areas of direct responsibility are financially viable through sound fiscal management
- Provides leadership and input for all strategic planning processes with the Executive team
QUALIFICATIONS Education, Training, and Experience:
- Completion of post graduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Organizational Behaviour with the ability to implement best practices; CPHR designation required;
- Completion of Certified Payroll Manager program and CPM desired, supplemented with at least 6 years overseeing a payroll department;
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior management/leadership role, preferably in the non-profit sector;
- General knowledge of IT structure and systems;
- Experience in strategic planning and project management – leading teams and individuals, designing and operationalizing HR and other organizational systems; community relations and partnership development;
- Solid knowledge of social service delivery systems in BC and applicable statutes and legislation;
- Solid knowledge/experience working collaboratively within community and in partnership with other organizations, groups and various levels of government;
- Exceptional leadership and management skills – leading to inspire and motivate teams;
- Passion for the Society’s Mission, Vision and Values;
- Leads by example, demonstrating strong administration skills in establishing and meeting goals and objectives, policy development, budget preparation and control and effective utilization of human and fiscal resources;
- Views organizational politics as a reality and understands the sensitivity involved in complex situations relating to politics, people and how organizations function – plans approach accordingly;
- Solid understanding of budgeting, financial management and contracts;
- Strong capacity for thinking strategically and turning thoughts into action;
- Excellent analytical, research, decision-making, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Operational excellence with strong business acumen and sound execution skills with a consultative approach to solution solving;
- Excellent coaching and interpersonal skills with an innate knack for negotiation;
- Ability to work independently, yet able to build effective and collaborative working relationships with colleagues, volunteers, stakeholders and the community;
- Experience dealing with media relations, PR programs and campaigns.