Position/Poste: Support Services Attendant – Permanent Part Time
- Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
- The Support Services Attendants will be required to work varying shifts (i.e. days, evenings, and every other weekend).
High School graduate or equivalent
Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care
Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
Use of reliable automobile required, parking not provided at all locations.
Looking for coverage on weekends
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au: March 27, 2020 at 4:30pm
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Paula Gueran
Position: Community Support Supervisor
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code):
44 Dufferin st. Penetanguishene, ON, L9M 1H4
Telephone: 705-999-5642 x 6511
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.