Scouts Canada has an exciting full time, seasonal opportunity for a Camp Director to join the Greater Toronto Council at the Haliburton Scout Reserve (HSR) (Camp) starting March to Sept 2020. Reporting to the Property Operations Manager, you will be part of a team which supports Scouting programs and you coordinate the: customer service, retail services, business services, programs, food services, site usage, maintenance compliance and promotion of HSR; to ensure the highest degree of safety and enjoyment by all facility users. This position requires that you live on site during the summer camp season (accommodations provided). Please note that our camps are pet and smoke free.
Duration: Estimated March 20, 2020 to September 27, 2020.
Do you consider yourself an expert when it comes to knowledge of camping and camp programs? Do you have experience working with a wide variety of staff including young workers and volunteers? Do you bring a positive attitude to work each day? Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of youth? Do you think you have what it takes to become our next Camp Director at Haliburton Scout Reserve? If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
Reporting directly to the Senior Camp Director, you will be responsible for delivering a safe and adventurous overnight camp program for youth!
Your to-do list with change daily, but your main responsibilities are:
· The delivery of exceptional customer service by all staff and volunteers
· Supporting and providing leadership for all camp programs and staff
· Promoting the HSR and its programs
· Assisting with recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and supervising camp staff and volunteers
· Reviewing monthly operational expenses and aligning with approved budget
· Supervising office operations
· Managing staffing and inventory for the store and shop operations
· Monitoring and working with food services staff to ensure appropriate use of resources and equipment when preparing meals for staff and guests
· Liaise and provide information to camp staff, council leadership, members, volunteers and guests
· Providing support and assistance to on-site medical staff
· Ensuing camp facilities, operations and equipment are in good condition at all times
· Reviewing and approving tenders for work to be completed by outside contractors
· Continually looking for process improvement opportunities for current and future camping seasons
· Ensuring all health and safety, public health and recreational camp act legislation are being adhered to at all times
· Continually looking for program improvement opportunities for current and future camping seasons to ensure that there is an alignment with the Canadian Path
· Assisting with the annual budget and plan for HSR
· Ensuring programs and activities are safe, fun and age appropriate
· Ensuring that all health and safety and public health regulations are followed
· Liaise with camper guardians, stakeholders and other associated interested parties ensuring positive interactions and relationships
Education, Experience & Skills
Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience
Minimum 2 years of experience in recreational programming or education
Proven supervisory experience
· Shift work required including evenings and weekends
· Frequent exposure to environmental conditions (rain, snow, heat and cold)
· Most work takes place outside
· Moderate travel required
· PRC (Police Record Check) and VSS (Vulnerable Sector Check) required
· Physical Demands such as moderate lifting, pushing and pulling
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!