The Child Care Worker/Educator acts as an appropriate role model for youth in care and their families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To ensure the safety and security of all youth in our care.
• To ensure the basic needs of the youth are met.
• To participate in a supportive role with the youth in care.
• To support youth in fulfilling their basic expectations of the program i.e.: chores, study hour, hygiene etc.
• To support the youth in their educational, vocational, employment and personal goals.
• To implement the house rules, expectations, consequences etc.
• To report any maintenance issues, damage to property etc.
• To attend meetings, conferences, visits etc. when requested by the Program Director.
• To participate in the observation, assessment and evaluation of the youth’s behaviour in context, and to make necessary recordings (logging) of the work and event in the youth’s life. This includes behaviour problems, restrictions, activities etc.
• To support and maintain a healthy, therapeutic environment.
• To establish and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with youth in care, their families and other important persons in the youth’s life, and to participate in the youth’s re-education through the utilization of daily life events.
• To attend team meetings when scheduled.
• To participate in supervision meetings.
• To intervene, as necessary, to help youth and family develop skills, attitudes and values necessary for effective living.
• To organize and animate therapeutic program activities for youth in the home, and to participate all activities.
• To support and ensure the effective functioning and general administration of Teen Haven.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!