Grant Writer Position (Contract with possibility of extension)
We are a group of Organizations (The Refugee Centre & CEED) seeking an individual to aid us in expanding our funding pool with a variety of grants within and outside of Canada. Our organizations mainly deal with the following fields:
- International Development
- Youth Development
- Economic Empowerment
- Education both domestically and internationally
- Minority Advocacy
CEED: is a non-profit organization operating in Montreal, Canada and Gulu, Uganda. We are an organization dedicated to social justice, community empowerment, and positive change by supporting youth in our communities. CEED offers Concordia and Ugandan students an opportunity to contribute to sustainable community projects in northern Uganda for 3-month internships during the summer semester. We are working to shape better communities and future leaders for a better tomorrow.
The Refugee Centre: is a non-profit made up of individuals who have worked together to create an organization, which implores youth to work with the community to help strengthen the refugee & immigrant population through unity and integration. Founded in 2015, we embarked on a journey to re-establish the way non-profits work and strengthen the communities they are involved with. We believe that modern day obstacles and problems need modern day solutions.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in grant writing, prospect research, general fundraising or a minimum of 4 years comparable or transferable skills acquired in a professional setting
- Proven track record of accepted grant applications.
Salary & Conditions:
- Contract based position.
- 20/hr per week for 6 months.
- $20/hr + Bonus per grant accepted.
Grant Writer Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Grant Writer Qualifications / Skills:
- Presentation skills
- Written communication
- Technical documentation
- Process improvement
- Strategic planning
- Market knowledge.