Program Support Worker/IELTS – Part Time
Employment, Language, & Social Enterprise Services
Creates a welcoming atmosphere for clients at front desk, answers questions and promotes programming, registers and schedules clients. Assesses placement tests and enrolls clients in eligible classes, maintains client files and electronic records. Processes in-person client payments and monitors online payments to ensure accuracy. Supports clients’ enrollment to IELTS tests. Refers clients to relevant MOSAIC and community programs. Provides general administrative support to the Managers of MOSAIC engage and the IELTS Coordinator.
• Office Management/Business Administration diploma or certificates and/or appropriate combination of experience and training.
• Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, database management and desktop publishing.
• Good verbal and written communication skills, effective organizational abilities, sound judgement and initiative, able to multitask.
• Experience in utilizing innovative ways to engage potential clients with strong interpersonal and customer service skills, especially with diverse populations
• Sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of immigrants.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Attitudes and values in keeping with the goals and philosophies of MOSAIC and IELTS.
• Highly organized and able to work and stay calm under tight timeline pressure environment.
• Excellent knowledge of programs, services and resources in the community and those provided by MOSAIC engage
• A second language is an asset; preferred languages are Punjabi, Hindi.
Please send us an email to get the application form.
15 Hours per week
200 - 7134 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3W 5A3
Please reference "Your Name – PSW IELTS" in the subject line of your application and submit via email (Word / PDF format).
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Ongoing until filled.
NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally be permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of this position. No telephone calls please.
May 15, 2020
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!