The Burnaby Neighbourhood House is a volunteer driven community based social service agency that provides programs and services in response to identified community needs. The Payroll and Administration Supervisor provides administrative support to the finance and administration manager and has a primary responsibility for preparing the bi weekly payroll system, contributing to the accounting systems, and providing oversight of human resource procedures and processes
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and submission of bi weekly payroll for BNH employees
- Liaise with ADP to ensure efficiencies of payroll systems and generating reports.
- Set up, updating and maintenance of employee files
- Work with directors/coordinators to ensure tracking of credentials and certifications
- Work with directors to create and keep up to date job descriptions.
- Work with team to post job vacancies and recruitment and screening of candidates
- Orientation and set up all new employees.
- Updating of policies and procedures and communication of policies and procedures
- Oversite of the Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Oversite and enrollment of company benefits
- Support of accounting and administrative functions such as bookkeeping and bank deposits.
- Degree or diploma and/or accreditation in business administration/accounting/ Human Resources or equivalent work/education experience.
- Demonstrated ability with completing payroll processes.
- Knowledge and experience with organizational policies and HR procedures.
- Knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate with an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Working knowledge of book keeping and accounting systems.
- Excellent computer skills and advance level of excel and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of ADP or other automated payroll systems and simply accounting
- Excellent organizational skills and experience with maintaining office systems.
- Ability to work in a busy work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working in a community based organization an asset.
- First Aid certification or willingness to obtain
Hours of Work: 35 Hours per week
Accountability: This position reports to the Manager of Accounting and Administration
Hours & Pay rate: 20.37 to 21.61 per hour
Extended Health benefit package (after 3 months) 3% matching group RSP (after one year)
Deadline: May 29th 2020
Start Date: June 2020 (as soon as possible)
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.