Mission and Values:
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
· Follows the "Time Management Schedule" drafted by the Food Services Manager.
· The main function of this position is that of COOKS HELPER. Assists the cook in the preparation of specific food items, and with the serving of food;
· Washes all crockery, cutlery, dishes, saucepans and pots used in the operation of the kitchen and dining room;
· Attends to bussing dishes from the dining room;
· Maintains dining room tables and chairs in a clean and tidy condition at all times for all dining room clients;
· Cleans kitchen floors and other specified areas;
· Assists the Front Desk staff in Fire Emergencies;
· May perform other related duties as assigned;
· No specific academic education is required. Must be able to read and write
· One-year minimum kitchen/restaurant helper experience is required
· Food Safe 1 basic is a requirement of employment
· If applicable, Occupational First Aid is to be taken after being hired
· Must understand and reflect the ARC Philosophy, Standards, and Tenets
HOURS : Variable hours as set by the manager
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!