Mission and Values:
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
POSITION PURPOSE SUMMARY
The Residential Support Worker position is responsible for providing client-centered support to residents and clients at the Victoria A.R.C.
- Receives residents and visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, and provides services according to established procedures.
- Monitors access to the Victoria A.R.C.
- Conscientiously observes the confidential nature of the agency’s service to its clients and residents.
- Operates cash register; accepts and records payments, and performs shift end deposit.
- Accepts, sorts, and distributes all incoming mail and packages.
- Operates a multiple line switchboard, takes messages, and forwards messages to respective staff and residents.
- Records pertinent information including financial activities and incidents accurately and according to policy into the shift activity log and other recording systems.
- Monitors adherence of residents to Victoria A.R.C. guidelines.
- Does registration for new residents and ensures that registration forms are accurately completed and intake procedures are followed.
- Provides residents access to their medication and follows all procedures and policies related to resident medication.
- Maintains and updates resident information on database.
- Acts as a mobile secure and supportive presence monitoring the first, second, and third floors for resident behaviour as well as basic structural and operational conditions as per policies and procedures.
- Provides accurate information and client-centered support to meet the needs of the residents and visitors in accordance to Victoria A.R.C. policies and procedures.
- Ensures that residents and visitors are respecting and adhering to Victoria A.R.C. policies and procedures.
- Conducts and monitors the building’s surveillance; health, safety and security of the site.
- Conducts regular rounds of the Victoria A.R.C. and conducts bed checks.
- Reports observed maintenance needs in accordance with agency procedures.
- Ensures the public areas are clean and organized according to Victoria A.R.C. standards.
- Performs light janitorial duties when required .
- Must attend all staff meetings and training seminars related to agency services if requested.
- May be assigned other related duties according to agency needs at the discretion of the Residential Program Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of High School plus post-secondary diploma or certificate (Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, or related field is preferred).
- Must possess a valid First Aid/CPR Certificate.
· Six months related experience.
- Excellent typing and computer skills.
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills.
- Superior customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent ability to work well in a fast-paced and high-stress environment.
- Must possess a class 5 driver’s license.
- Understanding of barriers faced by Victoria A.R.C. residents and visitors.
- Demonstrates flexibility and creativity.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Effective in both written and verbal communication.
NOTE: A Federal Government “Enhanced Reliability” Security Clearance and Criminal Record Check are a pre-requisite to employment commencement.
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
· Background check consent
· A clear vulnerable sector screening
· A clean driver’s abstract
· Completion of our online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety Training
HOURS/SCHEDULE : Variable, as needed basis.
The use of a personal vehicle is not required in the performance of duties. This position requires union membership.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.