We are seeking a Vocational Counsellor on a permanent basis. The person will work 35 hours every week reporting to Solutions Employment Services. You will promote the development of individuals and ensure their well-being. You will assist with their physical, social, emotional, educational, life skills and employment needs. Your manner promotes greater community interdependence and personal dignity. A result-oriented person that works with others to obtain the desired outcomes is required. Direct program delivery interests you. This position is open to male and female applicants.
The successful candidate:
- Ability to provide consistent communication and collaborate with families, employers & other DCLS staff.
- Good knowledge of Community Resources required to facilitate opportunities
- Ability to plan and develop personal networks and social capital
- Ability to build relationships with employers and support employment.
- Can develop and structure relevant and meaningful options based on needs and preferences of persons served and the needs of the employer
- Utilizes the Society’s Service Principles and Mission Statement.
- Communicates effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Is effective in both a group and one-to-one setting.
- Understands behavioural guidelines and incident reporting procedures.
- Practices good organizational and time management skills.
- Remains empathetic and supportive of the individuals we support and co-workers.
- Has met the employment requirements of the Society.
- Uses outcome-based performance for the individuals we support and for themselves.
- Is knowledgeable of acts, regulations and programs.
- Applies their working knowledge of community and provincial based programs including the theory, principles and practices of the field.
- Has completed an education in Human Sciences at a degree, diploma or certificate level with twelve months practical experience or the equivalent as determined by the Society.
- Current Emergency First Aid – Community Care.
- Current unrestricted class 5 driver’s license.
- Will be required to use own vehicle, and ensure vehicle is maintained for safety.
- This position requires union membership.
- Demonstrates ability in the operation of computer software including word processing and digital competency.
- Experience with marketing and supported employment.
- Must be willing to occasionally flex hours based on needs of persons served.
- Administrative tasks.
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume. Quote JOB POSTING #08-20 on your cover letter. This should be submitted online at www.dcls.ca by 4:00pm on or before May 29, 2020. Applicants can expect to be interviewed in a panel format.