Position: Program Assistant – Summer (CSJ)
Type: Full Time, 35 hours/week
Term: June 8–July 31, 2020, 8 weeks
Location: Volunteer Alberta office (downtown Edmonton) and virtual (working from home) during COVID-19 pandemic
Do you want to work in an upbeat and vibrant organization focused on social good? Are you interested in innovative and creative ways of reaching diverse groups throughout the province providing services, sharing knowledge, and making connections? Are you at your best in a fast-paced and productive work environment? Are you organized and customer-oriented?
This position supports Volunteer Alberta’s programs and assists with initiatives to support stakeholder engagement, resource development and network convening. You will be conducting process research and data collection, program trend monitoring/research and support organizational event planning. You must be able to exercise good judgement and initiative in completing tasks and broader initiatives and be able to work with a high degree of independence and accountability in a shared office area.
The Program Assistant-Summer advances Volunteer Alberta’s mission through promoting the value of volunteerism and the nonprofit/voluntary sector; sector collaboration, connections, and sector learning; and helping ensure the nonprofit/voluntary sector is equipped to thrive. Volunteer Alberta staff and volunteers are a dynamic and fast-moving team located in the historic Empire Building in downtown Edmonton as well as working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Support resource population for the Sector Resource Toolkit
• Support stakeholder relations, including network call support
• CRM (Infusionsoft) contact maintenance and support for building the administration components in InfusionSoft for rolling membership
• Search for funding opportunities as part of revenue diversification
• Gather statistics for programs
• Support community assessments (survey, interviews and focus groups) to back up prototype new models
• Support social media plan implementation
• Review and update documents and forms for program initiatives and HR documentation
• Assist with updating physical office space and layout, based on COVID-19 pandemic recommendations
• Support and assist with events, including virtual network and learning events
• Support other Volunteer Alberta programs and initiatives as required
Position Eligibility (Canada Summer Jobs)
Must meet all of the following requirements:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment, and;
• be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
• Student in or graduate from a University or College/Institute (Degree, Diploma, Certificate) where curriculum includes at least one of writing, administration, education, business, community engagement, social innovation, communications, nonprofit management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and public relations skills, with a customer-experience focused
• Intermediate computer skills with MS Office Suite
• Strong typing skills
• Capacity to work independently and as part of a team
• Self-motivated, demonstrating a positive attitude
• High degree of accuracy and the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
• Ability to set priorities and maintain flexibility
• Adaptability and willingness to learn; capacity to quickly learn new software
• Social media scheduling software
• Familiarity with Customer Relations Management (CRM) software and project management tools (Monday.com)
• Research – collecting and analyzing data
• Working and/or volunteering in a nonprofit/voluntary sector organization
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!