Responsibilities and abilities
- Read, undertand, and follow YMCA, Child Care Facility Licensing, and legal requirenments, including YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum.
- To interact directly with the children, providing quality care and creative programming.
- To establish and maintain positive daily communications and interactions with families, providing quality child care, building excellent programming and service to families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships.
- Assist in planning and implementing of a consistent child-centred program, in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including activity areas, program areas, common spaces and washrooms.
- To release children to authorized parent/guardian, and ask for ID to ensure that authorized pick-up is verified.
- To work with staff team to deliver a high quality and age appropriate programs based on the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum and to attend all YMCA Playing to Learn professional development sessions and other trainings.
- To maintain confidentiality of information related to the centre, children, families, and staff.
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality, and to be appropriately dressed and groomed.
- Infant and Toddler Early Childhood Educator License to Practice (or ECE willing to complete IT will be considered)
- Special Needs License to Practice is an asset
- Current child care First Aid certificate
- Experience working with children in a child care/recreational setting
- TB test and Immunization record
- Three professional References
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Clear Vulnerable Sector Search. The YMCA will provide the applicable instructions.
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Leadership/Coaching – Ability to direct and develop performance of others to achieve desired result.
- Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills Able to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Planning/Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determine possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
- Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA experience.
- Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and exceed identified goals.
- Community Awareness and Understanding – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Project Resource Management – Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
- Strategic Planning/Visioning - Ability to visualize future direction and formulate strategies, plans and action to achieve vision.