The BC Aboriginal Child Care Society is seeking one (1) Early Childhood Educator to cover a Maternity Leave at Singing Frog Aboriginal Head Start Preschool. Responsibilities include implementing and evaluating activities and experiences within an inclusive learning environment guided by Aboriginal Head Start principles. In addition to having a strong understanding of Aboriginal culture and history, the ideal candidate will have working knowledge of emergent and responsive curriculum.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate their ability to:
▪ Plan and implement developmentally and culturally appropriate responsive curriculum within an Aboriginal early learning environment
▪ Be comfortable with documentation of children’s learning and reflective practices
▪ Maintain positive communication with parents
▪ Initiate and follow through to complete projects as well as be self-directed
In addition, the Early Childhood Educator will have:
▪ Working knowledge of Child Care Licensing regulations
▪ A minimum of 3 years experience in a child care setting
▪ Valid Early Childhood Education Certificate to Practice
▪ Special Needs certificate or relevant experience preferred
▪ Clear Criminal Records Check & Current First Aid
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!