The BC Aboriginal Child Care Society (BCACCS) has an opening for a Preschool Cook / Early Childhood Educator Assistant at Singing Frog Aboriginal Head Start Preschool. He/She/They plans, implements and evaluates activities and experiences in keeping with the Aboriginal Head Start philosophy and program components and so as to meet the individual and group needs of children and their families.
Summary of Qualifications
The Preschool Cook/ Early Childhood Educator Assistant will have demonstrated ability in:
▪ Planning and implementing culturally appropriate experiences according to Canada’s Food Guide –First Nations, Inuit and Metis.
▪ Ensuring health and safety for children.
▪ Encouraging children’s learning and development of positive self-concept.
▪ Using appropriate guiding and caring for groups of children from 2 ½ to 5 years old.
▪ Maintaining positive communication with parents.
▪ Working effectively as a member of a team.
In addition, the Preschool Cook will have:
▪ Completed a minimum of one Early Childhood Education Course.
o License to Practice an asset.
▪ Experience working in a child care setting and with families.
▪ Valid Food Safe training and certificate
▪ Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
▪ Clear Criminal Records Check conducted under the Criminal Records Review Act.
▪ Valid first aid training and certificate.
▪ Working knowledge of the Aboriginal Head Start philosophy and curriculum an asset.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!