Are you resourceful, organized and have expertise in facilitating opportunities to provide mental health support services? Do you have a passion in supporting individuals in determining what their optimal wellness state looks like?
e4c is hiring a Wellness Network Coordinator that is part of a recovery college collaboration of community partners who work together to provide individuals and families who may be struggling with addictions and/or mental health concerns with opportunities to achieve optimal wellness. The Wellness Network Coordinator is the lead person in delivering self-directed recovery and learning opportunities which focus on recovery that means encouraging individuals to use their strengths and personal responsibility on how to approach their personal wellness! You will play a pivotal role in overseeing all Wellness Network operations and will oversee a team of three Peer Navigators.
Hours: Starts August 2020 from Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
Why Join Our Team
- Empower individuals and families to identify individualized self-directed wellness initiatives and learning opportunities.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 4 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, partners, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Develop and operate the Wellness Network and learning opportunities in collaboration with e4c, Alberta Health Services and community partners.
- Recruit, train, supervise and support a team of three Peer Navigators through regular supervision and team meetings.
- Engage with Peer Navigators, facilitators, learners, and other stakeholders to develop Wellness Network services.
- Support Peer Navigators with introduction meetings with learners to identify interests, goals, barriers and opportunities related to mental health and well-being.
- Prepare and present teaching resources in community venues in coordination with the AHS WRAP Coordinator.
- Implement registration and recognition processes for peers, facilitators and learners.
- Design, produce, distribute and promote course delivery, prospectuses, curricula and other promotional materials.
- Identify and book course venues in the Edmonton community to implement Wellness Network initiatives.
- Maintain the Wellness Network website and social media presence in collaboration with the Alberta Health Services Recovery Action Plan Coordinator.
- Create a program timetable for all Wellness Network workshops, courses and activities.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Ecology, Public Health, Community Development or a related discipline.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check
- Requires use of personal vehicle, valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Driver’s Abstract, Vehicle Registration and Insurance ($2 million dollar liability).
- Required Certifications (or willingness to obtain): Standard First Aid, Mental Health First Aid, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety
- 5+ years’ direct experience working with marginalized, high risk and vulnerable populations.
- 3+ years of progressive leadership experience including staff leadership, change management and overseeing team members.
- Experience and working knowledge of harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, strength based, natural law, and/or solution focused practices.
- Experience and working knowledge of community resources related to physical health, mental health, addictions, child and family supports, legal, cultural, income and housing supports.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Microsoft Office, web browsing and skills in a database management.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination or poverty is an asset.