Location/Lieu: Central Region Outreach Attendant Services – serving all areas in York Region
Position/Poste: Part-time Support Services Attendant – Variable Shifts – days, evenings, weekends
Duties / Fonctions:
- Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
March of Dimes Canada provides care from 6:00am – 12:00 midnight in the Outreach program. The Support
Services Attendants will be required to work multiple shifts (i.e. work days, evenings, and weekends).
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care.
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is needed as staff will be required to work at more than one location
Salary Range/Échelle des salaires: $18.31 per hour
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au: July 6, 2020
Send application and resume to / Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Tamara Bailey
Position: Community Support Supervisor
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code):
13311 Yonge St. Ste. 202 Richmond Hill, Ontario L4E 3L6
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.