Temporary Full Time (35 hours per week)
(This position requires work outside normal office hours)
WorkBC Employment Services
The Case Management Team Lead is responsible for ensuring that the case management services are delivered in compliance with WorkBC and Options Community Services (OCS) policies. The Case Management Team Lead supervises employment counselors and participates in team related HR activities. The focus of this position is to ensure that staff are supported in operations and service delivery through ongoing monitoring, training and correction of learning systems for efficiency and effectiveness.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers and co-ordinate case management services efficiently and effectively and develops clear and logical service guidelines and procedures in accordance with WorkBC Policies and ICM requirements.
- Ensures that accurate program and client records are maintained and that confidentiality is a priority to ensure consistency and quality of service delivery.
- Provides feedback and input on performance plans/evaluations for staff on a regular basis.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training and supervision, of staff who provide direct services to clients.
- Helps identify any gaps in policy interpretation, procedures or shortfall in achieving targets and ensures they are addressed to ensure service excellence.
- Works with the Program Manager and Assistant Manager in analyzing service delivery procedures and program statistics to ensure that the program(s) meet or exceed contract objectives.
- Assists in conducting program evaluations, surveys and focus groups for project/ program evaluation and enhancement and provides input for the development of new initiatives.
- Maintains a working knowledge of local, provincial and federal employment services and resources.
- Supervise, review and monitor case managed files to ensure that they conform to the required standards set by OCS and the funder.
- Responds to complaints / inquiries from staff, clients, funder representatives and the community in a professional and appropriate manner.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Experienced in management and supervision of a team of Employment Counsellors
- Experienced in coaching team members and providing training and support in the use of funder policies
- Solid understanding and experience interpreting applicable WorkBC policies, regulations and protocols, including ICM requirements, BI Portal Reports and data analysis.
- Experienced in reviewing long-term intervention applications for feasibility and required documentation, including a sound understanding of Skills Training (ST) processes and ST decision making criteria
- A post-secondary education in related discipline such as social work, psychology, business, leadership, human resources.
- A minimum of 2 years direct experience leading staff to achieve high levels of client employment outcomes and meeting or exceeding funder contractual targets.
- CCDP designation is a strong asset
- Leadership training/courses e.g. Federation of Community Social Services Leadership 2020 is beneficial
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with ability to clearly articulate outcomes, challenges and opportunities in reports to the Program Manager.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative, flexibility, adaptability, good judgement, problem solving, and ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate events.
- A high level of motivation and sensitivity is required to effectively deliver services to a variety of individuals and supervise staff.
- No relevant criminal history. Verified good character and sufficient reference history to verify this requirement.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and respectfulness of cultural and lifestyle diversity including strong interpersonal and intercultural communications skills.
- Must have an appropriate valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
- Must complete a six (6) month probationary period before staff are permanent.
- Crisis Line experience an asset.
* An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months.