Permanent Full Time (35 hours per week)
(This position requires work outside normal office hours)
WorkBC Employment Services
North Surrey Location
The Client Services Navigator (CSN) is responsible for assisting clients in completing online/paper applications for WorkBC services, determining service eligibility, conducting financial needs assessments for job start supports and providing current community resources and support to clients accessing the resource area. The CSN maintains the resource area while tracking stats and doing data entry in ICM, including assisting with 4, 24 and 52 week employment follow-up.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess clients' eligibility and assist clients in setting up BCeID accounts and completing WorkBC Services online application including ERIQ and BCEA applications. Schedule clients with Employment Counselors through online portal.
- Meet with new and return clients to administer urgent transportation supports and other job starts supports. Maintain records as needed on ICM.
- Gather and make current resources available to clients, employers and staff, including workplace certification information and process.
- Provide job search assistance to resource area clients (job applications, email set up, resume/cover letter help, etc.).
- Manage and maintain website content including: workshop schedule, success stories, job postings, hiring fair posters and resource links.
- Assist with marketing clients and branding of the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 and a post-secondary certificate / diploma in Career Development Practitioner (CDP) or Office Administration or Grade 12 and demonstrated experience in:
- Providing customer service and resolving issues both in person and in a virtual service delivery environment.
- Working with individuals with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds.
- Conducting and interpreting preliminary client needs assessment; and motivating and supporting client in reaching job sustainment.
- Competent assessment skills utilizing a comprehensive model, appropriate to the client’s needs.
- Excellent knowledge of Labour Market trends, employment and non-employment related services in the community.
- Well-developed computer skills in Microsoft Office; strong ability to learn new computer software, including ICM.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Alert to needs of a performance-based model.
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Flexible and committed to contributing to a team – ‘can do’, ‘will do’ attitude.
- Competent in relating to a diverse clientele and sincere appreciation for a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be sensitive to and respectful of cultural and lifestyle diversity.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills to ensure clients feel respected, heard and supported.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with difficult clients.
- Ability to organize and carry out duties with independence and professionalism.
- Organized and comfortable working in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
- Second language is preferred.
- Strong computer skills; Highly experienced in MS Office and navigating the Internet.
- Excellent knowledge of using and trouble-shooting a variety of office equipment.
- Knowledge of LM trends, job search related resources and other community resources.
- Ability to organize and carry out duties of the position with independence and professionalism.
- Crisis Line experience an asset.
* An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months.