Chemistry Consulting Group is proud to partner with BC Hockey to search for a strategic and inspiring Chief Executive Officer.
BC Hockey is a non-profit organization responsible for governing amateur hockey at all levels across British Columbia and Yukon. Comprised of 150 minor hockey associations, and 55,000 players, BC Hockey represents a passionate community of hockey players, volunteers, officials, and coaches all eager to return to the game post COVID.
Based in beautiful Victoria, BC’s capital, a city celebrated for its natural beauty, heritage charm, and economic opportunities and home to a variety of industry sectors, BC Hockey’s mission is to lead, develop and promote positive lifelong hockey experiences.
BC Hockey seeks a strategic CEO who is prepared to address the changing state and delivery of hockey in BC. Change management and effective leadership skills will not only be invaluable assets but will support the guidance of the organization through the rapidly changing demands of COVID-19. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for developing a long-range course of action to ensure successful vision realization. Leading the association’s overall strategic direction, member satisfaction, operations, budgeting and financial performance the CEO drives results and accountability through executive leadership, sharpening the organizations strategy and execution, and delivering smooth organic growth.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Creates and fosters an organizational culture that inspires innovation and curiosity, inclusion and openness, and employee engagement.
- Motivates employees to work together to achieve organizational success by creating and communicating a compelling vision for the BC Hockey.
- Creates and empowers high-energy, results-oriented teams aimed to provide exceptional support to the BC Hockey community.
- Reports to the Board of Directors. Provides updates to the Board on organizational emerging issues and sets organizational goals and outcomes under the direction of the Board.
- Builds stakeholder relations and communicates BC Hockey’s mission to members, donors, volunteers, and the BC Hockey community.
- Creates an impact in stakeholder meetings by motivating, influencing, and engaging attendees through confident public-speaking abilities.
- Inspires employees to engage in organizational improvements through the exploration of new and challenging directions by effectively engaging change management abilities.
- Leads by example and serves as employee role model when initiating change. Conveys willingness to take risks and advance employee empowerment and innovation.
- Develops required resources to effectively ensure the financial health of BC Hockey and reviews frequently.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate accounting policies and procedures.
- Directs BC Hockey sponsorship and marketing initiatives and effectively measures outcomes and results.
To ensure success, you will also bring:
- Degree in Business Administration, Sports Management, or another related field.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and supervise staff.
- Experience working within a board governance model.
- Experience building positive relations with a Board of Directors.
- Experience working within the sports industry with direct experience working within the hockey industry is considered an asset.
- Experience developing and actioning an organizational Strategic Plan.
- Knowledge of the administration and developmental organization of hockey at all levels.
- Effective written and verbal communication abilities.
- Strong stakeholder and partner relationship management.
- Experience in budget preparation, accounting, and office procedures.
- Demonstrated fundraising and lobbying skills.
- Experience leading organizational change initiatives.