About the positions: ASPF is looking to bring two energetic new staff to join our Overnight and Weekend Team. We are looking to fill a combination of weekend and weekday shifts. Shifts vary from daytime to overnight, flexible hours are available. A staff bedroom is made available for use unless you are required to respond to client’s needs during the night.
Working conditions & Shifts
- Flexible hours, variety of both daytime and overnight weekday and weekend shifts
- Start and End date: Immediate
- Starting Salary: $18.15/ Daytime hours and $15.27 / Night hours
- COVID-19 Premium: A COVID premium of an additional $2.00/hr is in place until August 31st
- COVID-19 Protocols & Prevention Measures: With the support of an active Medical Advisory Committee, ASPF has strong policies and measures in place to promote the health, safety and well-being of our employees and clients during the pandemic.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- To provide frontline services to Centre clients which include telephone intake, telephone support services and referrals and crisis intervention as needed
- To ensure the shelter runs smoothly during the shift
- To participate in Full Staff meetings every 10-12 weeks
- To work as part of a diverse team using a trauma-informed approach
- DEC or bachelor degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Bilingual in English and French
- Knowledgeable about conjugal violence and women’s issues
- Experience working with cultural sensitivity
- Flexibility and ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Understanding of the Jewish community and its customs
- Ability to communicate in a third language
- Educational background in women’s studies or related field