POSITION STATUS: Full Time – Temporary (6 months) (Union)
SCHEDULE: Sunday to Thursday (flexibility required as needed)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
The Bob Rumball Canadian Centre of Excellence for the Deaf (BRCCED) is a provincial leader in the Deaf community.
Our Programs support Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblind adults some of whom have complex behavioural, developmental and/or mental health diagnoses. This position is responsible for the daily activities of the Tim Weiler Home (TWH) program, and will work with the Program Manager and the Milton team to ensure the highest quality of care and services for everyone we serve.
This position is a temporary role, with the possibility of extension.
• Ensure that activities and daily support approaches are in accordance with agency mission, vision, values, strategic direction and policies with a goal of ensuring the highest quality of care
• Ensure person-centered quality service, and achievement of program and individual service goals
• Administer medications consistent with Organization’s policies & procedures
• Consistently comply with clinical and program plans including daily activity schedule
• Implement ISP/PDP goals; track & report on progress
• Promote an evidence-based, best practice approach to care
• Advocate on behalf of individuals and their specific needs/goals
• Understand and be able to work with Behavioural Support Plans, PRN’s and medical protocols
• Work collaboratively with team and individual’s service team; dedicating one-self to excellent service
• Utilize community resources & liaise with community members
• Documentation – communication logs, reports, etc.
• Teach, coach, mentor – life skills, daily activity schedules and community involvement
• Plan and execute activities for/with clients
• Developmental Services Worker (DSW) Diploma or related college degree or equivalent work acquired experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a residential setting with Consumers with developmental disabilities, mental health needs and/or dual diagnosis
• Knowledge and experience working within the deaf community and fluency in ASL
• Knowledge and experience working with clinical professionals as it relates to mental health and/or behavioural needs
• Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving abilities; good judgement and critical thinker
• Advocates for and with the Individuals and deaf community at all times.
• Excellent communication, literacy and interpersonal skills
• Innovation, initiative and integrity
• Demonstrated experience in computer literacy (e.g. Words, Excel, Outlook)
• Knowledge and experience with report writing and data entry
• Experience managing nutritional needs of clients
• Current Quality Assurance Measures, Safe Management, Medication Administration, Oxygen Training and WHMIS certification and be able to actively participate in all trainings
• Valid Ontario Full G Driver’s License and clean driving record
• French language/LSQ an asset
Interested candidates please email resume to: Human Resources at or fax to 416.449.8881
Please contact the above if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB POSTING NUMBER YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Date: July 30, 2020 Closing Date: August 14, 2020 Start Date: Immediate
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!