We are very excited to report that we are expanding our operations again!
Experience working with vulnerable individuals is required, experience working with homeless population is preferred. Knowledge of harm reduction, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented approach; concurrent disorders; addictions and addictions counselling are also required.
The successful incumbent will be focused on applying best practices in comprehensive assessment, care planning and treatment coordination for people and their families. He or she will direct psychosocial care, counselling and group work, system navigation and advocacy, education and linkage to specialized complex care resources while facilitating client self-management.
EMPLOYEE CATEGORY: Full-Time
SALARY RANGE: Compensation level determined by level of education and experience.
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 (one) vacancy
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m..
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides advanced clinical consultation and coaching to program staff on assessment, service planning, and follow-up support for clients identified as requiring social work support.
- Creates and implements processes to identify, prioritize, and stream clients who require advanced clinical consultation.
- Determining if an adult is (in) capable of giving consent to health care: obtains substitute consent from a temporary substitute decision maker (TSDM), determine whether a TSDM is acting in accordance with their duties.
- Carrying out formal and informal assessment of people’s needs in collaboration with members of the interprofessional team.
- Plans and facilitates Integrated Case Management meetings.
- Develops and facilitates support and treatment groups for PHS clients.
- Meets with Program Managers on a regular basis for case reviews, mentoring and consultation to ensure best practices in case management.
- Functioning as a primary case manager for identified populations; providing short term counselling and crisis intervention and facilitating caregiver and other support or psychoeducation groups.
- Monitors the quality of counselling and case management services by developing, implementing, and assessing quality indicators; analyses outcomes and identifies opportunities for improving efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery.
- Prepares regular progress reports for the management team on clinical services performance for the Housing and Outreach Program.
- Develops standards for documentation of client records and ensures compliance to reporting guidelines, social work standards of practice, and privacy legislation, using mandated systems (HIFIS).
- Fulfills the role of designated privacy officer for any matters concerning agency clients and/or services to clients or potential clients (but excluding any Human Resource matters/records).
- Coordinating designated agency investigations and responding to community and internal referrals around abuse/neglect: providing assessment, direct counselling; developing support and assistance plans for vulnerable adults and their support persons and maintaining confidential records of reports and investigations of abuse/neglect.
- Maintaining knowledge of available services and networks, identifying service gaps and recommending solutions.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with relevant health authority teams, physicians, and community services agencies to facilitate appropriate referrals and enhance client outcomes.
- Informs the work of case managers as part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Working closely with the Nurse Practitioner, assists complex clients to access internal and external services and programs.
- Attends meetings related to practice standards and advises the Executive Director on matters that impact the agency.
- Maintains current knowledge of Housing First practice standards and leads initiatives to enhance agency practice.
- Maintains current knowledge of practice for the delivery of psychosocial rehabilitation, substance use recovery, and counselling services.
- Identifies staff education needs related to assessment, case management, and counselling; develops, coordinates and delivers in-services, presentations and/or training in collaboration with other members of the team.
- Provides input to the Executive Director regarding PHS’s strategic plan for Housing & Outreach service delivery.
- Assists Executive Director in promoting social justice and advocating for social change on behalf of PHS clients.
- Works closely with Program Managers.
- Protects the health, wellness and safety of self and others by complying with applicable regulations and standards, safe work practices and procedures established by the organization.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!