Turning Points is proud to provide a continuum of care by creating wrap around
services. We offer a variety of employment, low income and supportive housing,
addictions recovery, emergency shelter and outreach programs.
Our programs and the continuity of care: Clients and residents of TPC programs
benefit from the ability to participate in a programming area that suits their choices
and needs. Clients are able to move between the different programs and sites to
support them at the pace they are ready for.
Job Title: Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Location: Vernon, British Columbia
Under the general supervision of the Controller, the Payroll & Benefits Administrator
is primarily responsible for the administration of assigned payroll and employee
benefit functions. This person will check source documents and accurately enter data
into computerized payroll and accounting systems in order to process payroll for the
organization. They will maintain a variety of records and will also take on additional
accounting and purchasing duties as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Administers the Society’s payroll functions and related employee programs, such as
Medical Services Plan, Dental Plan, Extended Health Care Plan, and Municipal
Pension Plan and WCB.
2. Acts as liaison between employment benefit vendors and employees to ensure
adherence to plan provisions and to resolve issues or concerns regarding plan
3. Administers, maintains and coordinates on-line insurance plans, eligibility and
premium payments transmissions.
4. Maintains a good working knowledge of benefit legislation, industry standards and
best practices, incorporating standards into processes and procedures.
5. Prepares, administers and maintains records, files and reporting information for the
various programs in accordance with regulatory requirements, unemployment claims
and Pension eligibility.
6. Performs basic calculations from source documents such as the total number of
hours worked from employees’ timesheets.
7. Inputs data from source documents into computerized payroll and accounting
systems or spreadsheets.
8. Prepares and produces payroll advice statements for all employees. Compares
statements to source documents to ensure an exemplary degree of accuracy,
distributes pay advice statements to staff
9. Files documents and maintains the filing system in accordance with established
10. Prints pre-defined reports from computerized accounting systems or spreadsheets.
11. Prepare remittances for government deductions.
12. Manage deductions and reconciliations for items requested such as garnishees.
13. Responsible for the preparation of T4’s
14. Provides information for audit and working papers
15. Assists with banking, accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger
16. Cross trains so that they are able to provide back up to other members of the
Finance team as needed.
17. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft office package (including Outlook, Word,
Excel & PowerPoint), ability to learn new software quickly
· Experience with Sage and/or Comvida would be an asset
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
· The ability to rapidly change direction, shift focus, and be adaptive and flexible
· Initiative, tact and sound judgment when dealing with day to day issues
· Ability to multi-task and work in a faced paced, environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to treat confidential information with discretion
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to accomplish tasks and
resolve issues not always within the scope of the role and often outside the job
· The ability to work as an integral part of the team.
· Ability to work with other teams collaboratively and create alignment within and
Education, Training and Experience
· Grade 12, plus post secondary courses of up to two (2) years in areas such as
accounting, payroll or office procedures.
· Three to five (3 - 5) years recent related experience.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!