Program Support Worker, LINC Program
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We were recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. With over 40 years of experience, we’re one of the largest settlement organizations in Canada engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
MOSAIC is seeking an enthusiastic, positive, and student-centered individual to fill the role of Program Support Worker. This position will work out of the MOSAIC Brentwood Language Centre (Burnaby) location and will include daytime hours and at least two evenings a week.
Program Support Worker
Employment, Language, & Social Enterprise Services
Under the supervision of the Manager this position’s key areas of responsibility are:
• Become familiar with the program proposal and the contract and understanding his/her role in achieving the goals and contractual outcomes.
• Providing administrative support by providing information to clients and making referrals for telephone or walk-in inquiries.
• Maintaining and organizing records in client databases (online, digital and paper), registering students, maintaining and following-up with client attendance, etc.
• Attends and takes an active role in department meetings.
• Undertakes other duties as assigned by the Manager or Administrative Supervisor.
• Office Management/Business Administration diploma/certificates and or appropriate combination of experience and training.
• Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, database. iCARE/ OCMS database experience a strong asset.
Engaging Newcomers, Enriching Communities
• Good verbal and written communication skills, effective organizational abilities and attention to detail, sound judgement and initiative, able to multitask and prioritize work.
• Sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of immigrant adult learners; attitudes and values in keeping with the goals and philosophies of MOSAIC.
• Fluency in Mandarin or Farsi, or another second language an asset.
• Current and satisfactory Criminal Record check required.
Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
$17.91 to $19.00 hourly rate based on experience and qualifications
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
MOSAIC Hiring Team
Attn: Marvin Marcial
Please reference “Your Name – Program Support Worker, BLC” in the subject line of your application and submit via email (Word / PDF format).
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally be permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
August 10, 2020 by 8:00am (PST)
July 28, 2020
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!