GROUP HOME WORKER
(ALTERNATE TEACHING PARENT)
About Us: Closer to Home Community Services (CTH) is a Calgary and Airdrie based not-for-profit agency that delivers a variety of services designed to meet the needs of vulnerable children and their families. Be a part of an innovative team that envisions:
- A future where every child will belong to a family and feel valued and secure
- All families can care for their children and contribute meaningfully in their community
- A broad array of strength-based and family-centered services that teach, coach and support families to create new possibilities and achieve better futures together
About the Position:
- This permanent full-time position, in Calgary or Airdrie, works closely with a team of professionals to support children and youth in a community group home.
- The Group Home Worker’s primary responsibility is to facilitate success for children and youth by assisting with day to day activities and routines, implementing skill development strategies, managing crisis, assisting with school difficulties and providing relief coverage.
- Utilizing the Teaching-Family Model, Group Home Workers encourage the development of close relationships and relevant skills which enable children and youth to successfully integrate back into their families and communities.
- You are eager to learn and carry out the principles and philosophy of Closer to Home and the Teaching-Family Model.
- You possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to people of all ages.
- You are extremely detail oriented and organized and can manage multiple priorities at one time.
- You are a compassionate individual with a positive and empathetic approach.
- A diploma or degree in a related field is preferred and previous experience working with vulnerable children and families is an asset.
- Willing to work an unstructured work week, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The successful candidate must also have a valid Alberta Driver’s License, adequate and current insurance and be willing to provide a driver’s abstract upon hire. In addition, a Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and an Intervention Record Check must be completed prior to commencement.
Required Competencies: All positions at Closer to Home Community Services require (5) competencies: Instills Trust, Consumer Focus, Communicates Effectively, Situational Adaptability and Ensures Accountability.
We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, disability, (2) weeks holidays and a generous Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their Cover Letter and Resume using the following link:
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found