Do you love helping others? Are you looking for a career with purpose?
With a career at Sensity, you will exercise creativity and experience personal growth and fulfillment through meaningful human connections.
Sensity is seeking a Registered Practical Nurse for it's Paris, ON head office and this position is responsible for providing on-going health care services including coaching/mentoring, supervision and education to the team along with direct care to supported individuals and consultations with their families and health care providers. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Nurse (RPN) shall assist in planning, coordinating and monitoring the health care needs of individuals supported by Sensity.
- Stay current on and provide pertinent information pertaining to medication protocols and care plans for individuals we support.
- Provide direct and indirect nursing care to individuals in accordance with the College of Nurses' standards of nursing practice.
- Liaise with individuals' families and medical professionals as needed to support the their ongoing care.
- Design and conduct training in the areas of universal health precautions, infection prevention and control, medication administration and all other related trainings as deemed required by Sensity;
- Provides supervision to Intervenors in regards to medication administration, infection prevention and control, universal health precautions etc. and provides training and re-training in these areas as necessary;
- Provides on-going communication and information to individuals supported and be comfortable working 1:1 with individuals who are Deafblind in their home and community environments;
- Encourages individuals to make meaningful choices;
- Uses appropriate communication techniques to relay information to the individual(s);
- Participate on committees, activities and events as required;
- Maintains documentation about the individuals' health and preventative health (vaccines, G-tube changes etc.)
- Complete reports and compile statistics as required;
- College Diploma (or equivalent) in Nursing; Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in the Province of Ontario;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in working in a similar nursing role;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in working with individuals with a development disability;
- Working knowledge of Regulated Health Professionals Act;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with a strong client service orientation. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Solid time management, attention to detail and organizational skills. Adaptable and flexible with an ability to respond to changing work priorities, pressure and demands.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite is preferred, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Employment as an Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is conditional upon receipt of a successful Vulnerable Persons Police Clearance
- Proof of current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with no restrictions on practice
- This position requires a valid driver's license Class G, access to a reliable vehicle, a clean current drivers abstract and the ability to obtain automobile insurance with a minimum liability of two million dollars.
- A competitive wage and benefit plan including a health spending account
- Paid sick days
- An RRSP program where we match your contributions up to 3% of your earnings.
- Up to 50% reimbursement for the successful completion of relevant classes at other learning institutions after one year of service
- Opportunities to participate in conferences and workshops in the community and abroad
If you are interested in the Registered Practical Nurse (Full Time) role with us in Paris, ON apply with your resume and cover letter.
Please quote job PRPN092220 in your cover letter when applying.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Sensity is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by Sensity regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.