Critical Thinking/Problem Solving:
· Ability to focus on details and multi-task a must
· Provides exceptional customer service in a timely fashion
· Builds and maintains efficient transportation systems and processes
· Ensures accurage billing, fulfillment of waitlists and transportation requests efficiently
· Submits government reports and billings accuratley
· Forward thinker who maintains a yearly cycle calendar to properly plan and implement initiatives and begin registrations for upcoming programs
· Trains and supports employees to ensure safe, accurate procedures with attention to detail and policy
· Provides leadership, ongoing coaching and appropriate training to staff team
· Develops procedures that ensure best quality delivery of safe service
· Ensures all HR procedures are followed
· Engages and builds a team dedicated to excellence in service
Communication (Interpersonal skills & Concact with customers/public):
· In contact with current and prospective families regarding transportation, programs and services; makes calls, responds to emails, regarding transporation, child care registration, billing, fee collection, financial assistance and waitlists
· Key relationship with Maintenance Manager for fleet services
· Daily staff scheduling of bus drivers and monitors, including preparation of daily rosters
· Works to support transporation team in following procedures during pick up and drop off
· Preforms accounts payable and accounts receivable functions for the Child Care Division regarding the affordable child care benefit, child care operating funding, child care fee reduction initiative, the child care wage enhancement, prototype reporting and parent fees
· Works independently, making decisions and executing work with minimal support, in an environment with many urgent and competing priorities.
· Multitasks while answering the phone, directing calls, data entry, word processing with accuracy
· This position deals with multiple demands, deadlines and dealing with the day to day interruptions from strategic initiatives
· Work involves a moderate amount of physical, mental and visual demands
· Higher business knowledge and experience or specialized skills acquired, 2 years minimum experience
· Experience in the development and leadership of an effective, engaged team, 2 years experience
· Experience in child care and child development an asset
· Class 2 or 4 drivers license an asset
· Phyiscal ability to do the duties required
· Satisfactory Criminal Record and Clear Vulnerable Sector Search.
· Three satisfactory professional references.
Compentencies In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
1. Leadership/Coaching – Ability to direct and develop performance of others to achieve desired result.
2. Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills Able to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
3. Planning/Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals.
4. Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determine possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
5. Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA experience.
6. Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and exceed identified goals.
7. Community Awareness and Understanding – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
8. Project Resource Management – Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
9. Strategic Planning/Visioning - Ability to visualize future direction and formulate strategies, plans and action to achieve vision.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!